Midaye Somali Development Network is pleased to announce two Midaye Expert Patient Programme.
- October to November 2014
- January to February 2015
Both above courses are for the residents of City of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
The Midaye Expert Patients Programme is a self-management programme for people who are living with a chronic (long-term) condition. The aim is to enable individuals to:
- increase their confidence
- improve their quality of life
- help them manage their condition more effectively
The programme includes:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including diet and exercise
- Managing pain, fatigue and stress
- Relaxation techniques
- Better communication with family, friends and health professionals
The sessions also provide the opportunity to meet other people in a friendly environment, learn new skills to have a healthier life and share your experiences and ideas.
The Midaye Expert Patient Service is a free course for people that:
- Live in the boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea or City of Westminster
- Have a GP registration in the any of the above three boroughs
- Have a long-term health condition (e.g. heart disease, diabetes, depression,asthma, cancer, or any other condition)
- The Expert Patient Service is also open to carers living in the area.
The dates, times and location of the Midaye Expert Patient Service are as follows:
- Monday 13th October 2014
- Monday 20th October 2014
- Monday 27th October 2014
- Monday 03rd November 2014
- Monday 10th November 2014
- Monday 17th November 2014
- 10:15am to 1:00pm
- Please register at the Midaye office before attending the class.
The course is free and consists of six consecutive weekly sessions, with each session lasting three hours, each session will have a bilingual speaker Arabic/Somali speaker to support the participants with little english speaking ability. To register for the Expert Patient programme please email email@example.com or complete the following short form and we will contact you.
If you would like to gain support from the Expert Patient Service but cannot come to these sessions we welcome you to join the January 2015: Expert Patient Programme. Please register today to benefit from the January training sessions.