The Educational Outreach provisions are designed to bridge, support and strengthen the link between families and their educational providers. The service is offered to all parents and schools within the tri-borough.
This service encourages children to feel more confident about themselves and their school activities through:
– Providing a supportive atmosphere
– Giving children a voice.
– Building confidence in language skills through a range of communication task.
– Encouraging parents to be more involved in their children’s education.
– Developing better relationship between parents and their children’s school.
– Supporting parents to have more access to specialist support services to meet their child’s need if they become excluded.
We work very closely with both the social services and early help to provide holistic support to families with school age children.
This service is well used in the community and we receive a higher number of self-referrals.
If you would like to access this service or are aware of a family who need support please contact our office and ask for the Midaye Educational Outreach Coordinator.