Midaye Somali Development Network will be delivering the Expert Patient programme for residents of City of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
The programme includes:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including diet and exercise
- Managing pain, fatigue and stress
- Relaxation techniques
- Better communication with family, friends and health professionals
The sessions also provide the opportunity to meet other people in a friendly environment, learn new skills to have a healthier life and share your experiences and ideas.
The Midaye Expert Patient Service is a free course for people that:
- Live in the boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea or City of Westminster
- Have a GP registration in the any of the above three boroughs
- Have a long-term health condition (e.g. heart disease, diabetes, depression,asthma, cancer, or any other condition)
The Expert Patient Service is also open to carers living in the area. The dates, times and location of the Midaye Expert Patient Service are as follows:
- Monday 14 May 2012
- Monday 21 May 2012
- Monday 28 May 2012
- Monday 11 June 2012
- Monday 18 June 2012
- Monday 25 June 2012
- 10:30am to 1:30pm
- 2 Thorpe Close, London W10 5XL
Each session will have a qualified bilingual speaker English/Somali speaker. To register for the Expert Patient programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the following short form and we will contact you.
If you would like to gain support from the Expert Patient Service but cannot come to these sessions we can support you to find an alternative date and time through our network of support organisations in the DESTA Consortium.
Please register today to benefit from the programme.