Midaye Somali Development Network is pleased to announce the Kensington and Chelsea FGM Community Forum for the benefit of all those affected by FGM and for the protection of all the girls at risk. The Forum provides a grass-roots approach to voicing against the practice.
Definition: “Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons” World Health Organisation (WHO)
The FGM Community Forum aims to:
- Create a platform to discuss the issue;
- Bring together people affected by FGM and professionals interested in the FGM agenda;
- Enable the community and professionals to develop voice and unity against FGM;
- Share information and knowledge concerning FGM between professionals and the community;
- Discuss the impact of FGM from individual and community levels;
- Give the community the opportunity to voice.
Date: Tuesday 16th December 2014
Time: 12pm – 3pm
Location: The Lighthouse, 111-117 Lancaster Road, London, W11 1QT
This is a multi-lingual forum, all information will be interpreted in two languages:
The forum is organised for the FGM affected communities, family and children health and social care professionals and all those concerned or interested in the FGM policy/agenda that are in the borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
All participants are requested to kindly register before joining the forum.
To Join the Forum please contact Midaye: 02089697456 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your participation.