This is an exciting programme providing advice and awareness workshops for women covering a variety of health messages such as immunization, the importance of female health checks and winter wellbeing.
It also strives to improve relationships between the Somali community and local GPs, GP practice managers and Pharmacists.
The sessions provided to the community covered key areas of concern such as:
- Mental Health
- Stroke and associated symptoms
- Disability and coping with family life
- Circumcision, types and the UK legislation
- General health and wellbeing
- Blood pressure it is causes and preventions
The health sessions are provided in both English, Somali and Arabic. To ensure everyone is able to participate and gain the important information provided by the community health expert at the sessions.