Midaye Somali Development Network is pleased to announce the Westminster Expert Patient Service.
This group follows the success of our current Expert Patient Service programme, which is open to the residents of City of Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
The programme includes:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including diet and exercise
- Managing pain, fatigue and stress
- Relaxation techniques
- Better communication with family, friends and health professionals
The sessions also provide the opportunity to meet other people in a friendly environment, learn new skills to have a healthier life and share your experiences and ideas.
The Midaye Expert Patient Service is a free course for people that:
- Live in the City of Westminster (residents of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea can join)
- Have a GP registration in the any of the above three boroughs
- Have a long-term health condition (e.g. heart disease, diabetes, depression,asthma, cancer, or any other condition)
The Expert Patient Service is also open to carers living in the area. The dates, times and location of the Midaye Expert Patient Service are as follows:
- Tuesday 12 June 2012
- Tuesday 19 June 2012
- Tuesday 26 June 2012
- Tuesday 03 July 2012
- Tuesday 10 July 2012
- Tuesday 17 July 2012
- 10:30am to 1:30pm
- Derry Hall, Off Church Street Penfold Street London NW8 8HJ
Each session will have a qualified bilingual speaker English/Somali speaker. To register for the Expert Patient programme please email email@example.com or complete the following short form and we will contact you.
If you would like to gain support from the Expert Patient Service but cannot come to these sessions we can support you to find an alternative date and time through our network of support organisations in the DESTA Consortium.
Please register today to benefit from the programme.